Pages


Thursday 7 June 2012

Progress Update

I thought it was about time for a progress update regarding my fitness, nutrition and weight loss goals that I had set early this year.

I am happy to report that thus far, I have lost 15lbs and 8.5 inches and I am on track with my fitness and nutrition. I must admit, I did waver here and there. In particular, during final exams I did not exercise and I did eat a few too many snacks and other indulgences. This is still a time period that I need to work on. I find that I use all my will power on studying and there's little left for health. Luckily it only lasts a few weeks and then I get right back on track. Aside from these discrepancies, for the most part I am very happy with what I have accomplished.

I am entering a new phase of my plan. Since my wedding is so close (5 weeks away!) I need to tone up and lose some fat around my entire body so that I can look amazing in my dress. So, I will be upping my exercise intensity and frequency as well as being much more strict with my diet. On average, this year I have been exercising about 3-5 times per week and eating pretty clean, but still allowing some indulgences once or twice per week.

Now, it's crunch time! So no more indulging in anything until the wedding. This means, no sugar, no simple carbohydrates, no bread, no salty snacks, no processed foods. Just real, whole foods. And portion, portion, portion!

In addition, I will be drinking 2.5+ liters of water per day. And this doesn't include tea. If I want tea, that will be on top of my water intake.

As for exercise, I will be working out twice per day and at varying intensities. One of the workouts will be a cardio regime of interval running alternating between jog, run, all-out-sprints, and a few fast-paced walks. I will do this for as long as my body can. Yesterday, I was able to complete 25min. Today, my goal is 30min. I want to work up to 45min or 1hr.




For resistance training, I will be doing a series of different exercises combined together in multiple ways. For example, yesterday I did 3 rounds of:

10 Dive Bombers
5 Burpees
20 Deep Squat to Leg Lifts (per leg)
5 Burpees
10 Side Plank Dips (per side)
5 Burpees
10 One-legged Squats (per leg)
5 Burpees

I will keep up this routine for a minimum of 21 days (that's when my dress fitting is), but preferably, up until the wedding.

I'll write an update on my results at the end of 21 days.

Wish me luck!


Image Source: fitsugar

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave your comments below!